- Flood Advisory for Johnson County, Kentucky
- Flood Advisory issued June 12 at 5:21PM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 7:37 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service in JACKSON KY has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Southwestern Johnson County in northeastern Kentucky...
Northwestern Floyd County in southeastern Kentucky...
Central Magoffin County in southeastern Kentucky...
* Until 815 PM EDT.
* At 519 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms moving west to east near or just south of the Mtn
Parkway and KY 114 corridors. Runoff from this will likely cause
minor flooding in the advisory area including in or near
Salyersville. Radar estimates one to one and on half inches of
rain has fallen near Lakesville in Magoffin County.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Salyersville, Mason, Bradley, Puncheon, Gifford, Fritz, Carver,
Ivyton, Dobson, Cornelia, Burning Fork and Kernie.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.