- Fairfax: Community Weighs in on Shirley Gate Extension 0 comments
- Burke, Fairfax: Braddock’s Best Honored 0 comments
- Fairfax County: School Transgender Regulations in Limbo 0 comments
- Fairfax County: Support for Police Auditor, Civilian Review Panel 0 comments
- Area Roundups 0 comments
- Letter: Keeping Young Minds Engaged in Summer 0 comments
- Fairfax: Community Weighs in on Shirley Gate Extension
- Burke, Fairfax: Braddock’s Best Honored
- Fairfax County: School Transgender Regulations in Limbo
- Fairfax County: Support for Police Auditor, Civilian Review Panel
- Burke, Fairfax Station, Oakton, Springfield: Four swimmers from Burke club compete at Olympic Trials in Omaha
- Dragon Boating
- Burke: Robinson Girls' Lax Repeats as State Champion
- Burke: Robinson Boys' Lax Wins Third Straight State Championship
- State Tournament Roundup
- Burke: Frosh Connolly Helps Robinson Boys’ Lax Reach State Final
- Letter: Keeping Young Minds Engaged in Summer
- Letter: Taking the Lead on Climate Change
- Editorial: Voting, for Former Felons and Others
- Letter: Congressman Champions Environmental Cause
- Letter: Misinterpretation and Misdirection
- Burke and Springfield: McAuliffe Signs High School Curriculum Bill Into Law
- Commentary: Finding Shortcuts in Richmond
- Burke and Springfield: Saving ABLE Savings Accounts
- Summer STEM Academy at NOVA
- Lawmakers Wrap-up Richmond Legislative Session
Dianna and Wayne Pennington own property at the corner of Popes Head Road and the Fairfax County Parkway. With an extension of Shirley Gate Road having been on Fairfax County’s transportation plan since 1991, they say they can’t sell the land with the project up in the air.
Local outstanding citizens, organizations and businesses were recognized by the Braddock District Council of Community Associations and Braddock District Supervisor program with the annual Best of Braddock Awards.
Supervisors discuss independent oversight recommendations from Ad Hoc Commission.
Details of an independent auditor for Fairfax County police and a civilian panel to review cases of alleged FCPD abuse of authority or misconduct are still being hammered out. However there was general agreement among County Supervisors at the July 19 Public Safety Committee meeting that they are in favor of moving forward with the recommendations from the Ad Hoc Police Practices Review Commission to create both entities for accountability.
Burke, Fairfax Station, Oakton, Springfield: Four swimmers from Burke club compete at Olympic Trials in Omaha
1:01.19. For the last year, Oakton resident Jasmine Hellmer has gone to bed looking up at “1:01.19” written on a Post-It note stuck to her ceiling. That time represented the rising Flint Hill School junior’s greatest goal to date: the time standard to qualify for Olympic Trials in the 100 butterfly.
Burke resident Haris Qamar, 25, was arrested Friday, July 8 and charged with attempting to aid the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, in the form of providing material support and resources.