The rhetoric around Question 1 on the Virginia ballot is miles away from the actual redistricting process that would be frozen into constitutiona...
This month celebrates the cultural achievements and vast contributions the Latinx community has made to society for centuries. Virginia is home to ...
On Sept. 1, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a sweeping federal eviction moratorium for tenants who are unable to pay ...
Should the Constitution of Virginia be amended to establish a redistricting commission, consisting of eight members of the General Assembly and eig...
- Why You Need To Keep Your Marketing During A Crisis 0 comments
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- An Election about Elections
- Fairfax County Library Board of Trustees Revisits July Controversy
- The Fight for Paid Leave
- Ewing Resigns from Fairfax County Library Board
- Virginia Assembly Bills to Protect Right to Vote
- Centreville Wildcats Beat Lake Braddock Bruins, Advance to State’s Round 2
- New Spin to Yoga Coming Soon to Burke
- Golfing at Burke Lake Gets Seniors Out
- Local Gymnast Lands on the Medal Podium
- Local Rugby Player Signs to U.S. Team
- Opinion: Commentary: Vote No on Question 1 in Virginia
- Opinion: Commentary: We Need to Work Together to Avoid a Housing Crisis
- Opinion: Column: “Canceritis”
- Opinion: Column: And So It Begins
- Opinion: Commentary: Facilitating Voting, Adjusting the Budget and Tackling Criminal Justice
The proposed process makes meaningful citizen input virtually impossible.
The rhetoric around Question 1 on the Virginia ballot is miles away from the actual redistricting process that would be frozen into constitutional language.
This month celebrates the cultural achievements and vast contributions the Latinx community has made to society for centuries.
On Sept. 1, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a sweeping federal eviction moratorium for tenants who are unable to pay their rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Voters to determine how redistricting works next year.
When Republicans were in charge of drawing political boundaries for the General Assembly and Congress, Democrats supported an amendment to the Virginia Constitution creating a new mapmaking commission. The idea was to take the power of political gerrymandering out of the hands of the majority and hand it over to a group that wouldn’t be quite so focused on screwing the opposition. But then Democrats seized control of the General Assembly, and most House Democrats flip flopped on the issue.
Commonwealth’s Attorney says 84 additional positions are needed; 137 if the office is to prosecute traffic cases too.
The Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney is in crisis, with an “unsettling lack of resources,” said Steve Descano, who was elected Commonwealth’s Attorney in 2019.